- Duration: May 2017 - Apr 2020
- Project leader: Michael Wimmer
- FWF ORD 61
In this project, we will therefore create such a dataset, and provide the following contributions:
(1) a set of scene descriptions that can be used to test individual features of these systems, e.g., dealing with a variety of material models, high-resolution geometry, textured inputs, and a variety of lighting effects.
(2) a large number of rendered images of these scenes with different noisiness, auxiliary buffers to maximize compatibility with the state-of-the-art noise filtering algorithms, and fully converged reference images for easy comparisons against the denoised outputs, and
(3) a method to ensure parameter coverage, so that the dataset does not become prohibitively large, but still covers salient rendering configurations, that reveal the most interesting cases.
In summary, we propose to create a fertile ground for assessing the quality of different photorealistic rendering techniques. We believe that this would lead to significantly higher quality scientific works in the field.
|Image||Bib Reference||Publication Type|