- Obligatory Registration in TISS before 20.03.2022
- VisMed 1 and Visualisierung 1 are strongly recommended previous knowledge, but not mandatory. There will be a short recap at the beginning of the course of the VisMed1 material.
- Lectures will be given in English.
- All communication and details will be given in TUWEL .
This year the course will consist of three parts:
- Lectures: Frontal presentations will be held on Mondays at 9.30-11.30. The first lecture is a practical introduction to VisMed2 and then, a recording of the recap of VisMed1 will be provided (you can watch this on your own time if you have not taken VisMed1, otherwise you can skip it).
- Small quizzes: At the beginning of each lecture (except for the first two), there will be a small (15 min) online quiz to test the understanding of the content of the previous lecture (at 9.15-9.30). This will account for 35% of your grade.
- Final projects: This will be conducted in the period between 02.05--24.06 in a group of two students. The outcomes of the project will be presented in a dedicated session at the end of the course. The project accounts for 50% of your grade. The presentation accounts for 15%.
The course will be structured based on the book of B. Preim and C.P. Botha "Visual Computing for Medicine" (2nd ed.) (http://medvisbook.com/). Additional reading material will also be given, which will be uploaded on the course's TUWEL page.
This year the course will be assessed as follows:
- Small online quizzes (35% of final grade)
- Final project (work in pairs, 50% of final grade)
- Presentation of the final project (15% of the final grade)
You need a passing grade for each one of the three components above (i.e., doing only the project and presentation is not enough)!
Class participation is rewarded with bonus points.
- >= 88 Points ... Sehr Gut (1)
- >= 75 Points ... Gut (2)
- >= 63 Points ... Befriedigend (3)
- >= 50 Points ... Genügend (4)
- < 50 Points ... Nicht Genügend (5)
|Monday 07.03||09.30--10.30||Introduction (1hr on zoom, see TUWEL)
and Recap VisMed1 (recording, available on TUWEL)
|Monday 14.03||09.30--11.30||Vector Visualization in VisMed|
|Monday 21.03||09.15--11.30||Quiz 1 + Tensor Visualization in VisMed|
|Monday 28.03||09.15--11.30||Quiz 2 + Illustrative Visualization|
|Monday 04.04||09.15--11.30||Quiz 3 + Vascular Visualization|
|Monday 25.04||09.15--11.30||Quiz 4 + Vis for Endoscopy, Surgery, and Education|
|Monday 02.05||09.15--12.00||Quiz 5 + Visual Analytics for Healthcare + Project Discussion|
|Monday 09.05||09.15--11.30||Quiz 6 + Visual Analytics for (Bio-)Medical Applications|
|Monday 16.05||09.15--11.30||Quiz 7+ Invited Lectures (tbd)|
|Monday 27.06||09.30--tbd||Final Project Presentations|
- The lectures will be held online (in zoom), please check TUWEL for details.
- The lectures will be recorded, but presence with a camera is required for the small quizzes (the first 15 mins).
- The last two sessions (Invited Lectures and Final Project Presentations) are OBLIGATORY!
- Class participation will be rewarded with bonus points.
(2) Small Quizzes (35%)
- More details about the small quizzes will be given in the first lecture.
- They will consist of 2-3 short questions that can be answered in written within the first 15 mins of the class and will be about the content of the previous lecture.
- For this, you will be required to switch on your camera. Make sure you have one available.
- During the lecture of May 2nd, there will be a presentation on the project topics.
- Students can form pairs on TUWEL and work on their selected topic between 02.05--24.06.2022.
- Submit an 8-page report on TUWEL by 24.06.2022 at 23.55. More details on the topics and deliverables will follow.
- Give a 15-min presentation on 27.06.2022. Presentation counts in the grade (15%).