!!! Subscribe on TISS before 25.10.2019 !!!
The course consists of the following components:
- Lectures (Mondays): 7 regular sets of 2 hours + 1 set of invited lectures (3 hours)
- Practicals (Fridays): 6 sets of 2 hours
- Final Projects: 1 meeting on 25.11. and then, self-work till 15.01.
Location: Seminarraum 186, Favoritenstrasse 9, 5-th floor.
The course will be assessed as follows:
- Assignments: in total 5, done during the practicals = 30% of final grade
- Final Project: in groups of 2-3 people = 35% of the final grade (Implementation, presentation, 1-2 page summary -- No official report)
- Exam: 35% of the final grade (First exam will be written. If you miss it or fail it, oral on appointment)
- The course will be structured based on the book of B. Preim and C.P. Botha "Visual Computing for Medicine" (2nd ed.) ( http://medvisbook.com/).
- Slides from the lectures will be published in TUWEL.
- The practical exercises + assignments can be accessed in TUWEL.
- The exact schedule for the invited lectures and the project presentations day will be uploaded later.
The final project will be to implement a visualization application, which solves a simple medical or biological problem. You will be required to hand in the implemented visualization and a 1-2 page summary of your work. The final outcome will be presented during a dedicated session at the end of the course. More information about the final projects will be uploaded soon.
More information about the written exams will be uploaded soon.