At the Institute of Visual Computing and Human-Centered Technology, in the Research Unit of Computer Graphics TU Wien is offering a position as university assistant (post-doc) limited to 7 months for 40 hours/week. Expected start: March 2023.
- Research and teaching in the field of visualization, computer graphics, and visual computing
- Participation in organizational and administrative tasks of the research division and the faculty
- Teaching in German and English is expected
- Cooperation and guidance of students
- Writing publications and project proposals
- Participation in / organization of scientific events
- PhD in computer science or similar (completed by the starting date of the employment)
- Preferable experience in processing and real-time rendering of large point clouds
- Very good knowledge in visualization, visual computing, and / or human-computer interaction
- Ability to acquire and lead research projects in the field of visualization
- Very good communication skills and ability to work as an independent and flexible researcher in an international and diverse team
- Involvement and interest in undergraduate/graduate teaching
- Very good skills in English communication and writing. Knowledge of German (level B2) or willingness to learn it in the first year.