You will work on and further develop highly innovative web-based frameworks for managing, mining and interactively exploring neurobiological data in cooperation with visual analytics researchers at VRVis and domain experts from pharmacological research.
Your main tasks
- Extend existing and implement new web-based visual analytic solutions (back- and frontend) for big life science data in close collaboration with internal and external team members.
- Ensuring that the solution is well-tested and maintainable to a high standard of quality.
What you will bring to the team
- Experience in programming application interfaces (e.g. GO, C++), databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, OrientDB), and DevOps tools would be a plus.
- Knowledge of software architecture.
- Team player and analytical personality with creativity and independence in problem solving.
- Interest in Visual Analytics and neuroscientific data.
- English communication and (scientific) writing skills.
What we offer in return
- Excellent professional support in an international team
- Opportunity to get involved in all stages of software development
- Permanent position starting asap
- Flexible working hours, home office option, well-equipped workplace
- Option of conference travel to present your work
- Location: Vienna, Austria with easy access to office by means of public transport
- Salary according to collective labor agreement (IT-Kollektivvertrag) starting at EUR 3.200,- gross per month with overpay depending on qualification and previous professional experience
Applications are always welcome
We particularly invite female candidates to apply.
Please forward your application documents including:
- Reference letters or contact info of two references
- Work samples
Selection will take place on a rolling basis.
Franziska Steyer-Beerman (HR)