By taking advantage of an existing software basis, you will work on innovative web-based visualization methods and visual analytics workflows addressing the challenges related to novel, heterogeneous, and big data resources that help accelerating target discovery for drug development. You will be embedded in and supported by an already existing team of researchers and developers and will work in close collaboration with the neuroscientific experts of our industry partner.
Your main tasks
- Develop novel, as well as extend existing, neuroscientific web-based visual analytics solutions in close collaboration with our company partner. This will include work with novel biological data, especially in the field of Next Generation Sequencing.
- Active and self-organized communication with the domain experts, including organizing trainings and user evaluation sessions.
- Publish and present your research results at international conferences and in scientific journals.
- PostDocs are also expected to contribute to the acquisition of new projects.
What you will bring to the team
- Advanced degree (MSc or Ph.D.) in computer sciences, or a related field.
- Experience in applied visual analytics and visualization research. A feeling for good interface design would be a plus.
- Interest in neuroscientific data and research. Willingness to learn and to dive deeply into this topic.
- English communication and (scientific) writing skills.
What we offer in return
- Excellent professional support in an international team
- Permanent position starting asap
- Flexible working hours, home office option, well-equipped workplace
- Option of conference travel to present your work
- Location: Vienna, Austria, with easy access to the office by means of public transport
- Salary according to collective labor agreement (IT-Kollektivvertrag), i.e., monthly min. 3.200,- EUR gross, and overpay depending on qualification and previous professional experience, e.g., if you have a Ph.D. degree.
Applications are welcome
Deadline: January 8, 2023
Please forward your application documents, including:
- Reference letters or contact info of two references
- Cover letter describing research experiences, interests, and goals
We particularly invite female candidates to apply!
Late applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Franziska Steyer-Beerman (HR)