Your main tasks
- Extend Brain*, our web-based data science platform for neurosciences, and develop novel neuroscientific web-based visual analytics solutions, in close collaboration with our company partner.
- Address the challenges related to novel, heterogeneous, and big data resources, especially in the field of Next Generation Sequencing.
- Active and self-organized communication with the domain experts, including the organization of training and user evaluation sessions.
- Publish and present your research results at international conferences and in scientific journals.
- Contribute to the acquisition of new projects.
What you will bring to the team
- Ph.D. in computer sciences, visual computing, (health/medical) informatics, bioinformatics, or similar area.
- Experience in applied visual analytics and visualization research. A feeling for good interface design would be a plus.
- Interest in computational neuroscience and research. Willingness to learn and to dive deeply into this topic.
- English communication and (scientific) writing skills.
What we offer in return
- Excellent professional support in an international team
- Attractive career paths for PostDocs
- Permanent position starting asap
- Full- or part-time position with option of employment for your partner skills permitting
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours, home office option, well-equipped workplace
- Option of conference travel to present your work
- Location: Vienna, Austria, with easy access to the office by means of public transport
- Salary according to collective labor agreement (IT-Kollektivvertrag) with overpay depending on qualification and previous professional experience
Under Austrian law, we are obliged to state the minimum salary for the position, which is 48.370 EUR yearly gross for full-time employment (38,5 h/w). As such, it is only the baseline for negotiations to up to 60k.
Applications are always welcome
Please forward your application documents, including:
- Reference letters or contact info of two references
- Cover letter describing research experiences, interests, and goals
We particularly invite female candidates to apply!
Franziska Steyer-Beerman (HR)