The Visualization Group at TU Wien (Austria) has an open PostDoc position in Computer Science in the area of Visualization and Visual Computing. The successful candidate will be involved in research and teaching activities of our group, and will be able to pursue her/his research interests.
- Knowledge or interest in one or more of the following: visualization, visual computing, computer graphics
- Strong analytical skills
- Good skills in programming (preferably C++, OpenGL, CUDA, Matlab or similar)
- Abilities to work as an independent and flexible researcher in interdisciplinary teams
- Good knowledge of English in speaking and writing
- Prior publications in the mentioned areas
Desired qualifications and skills
- Knowledge in biological and/or molecular visualization
- Basic proficiency in German or willingness to learn
- Experience in supervising of students
- Ability and willingness to acquire and lead third-party funded projects
- Interest in graduate teaching
What we offer in exchange
- A creative environment in Vienna, one of the most livable cities in the world
- Freedom to explore both your scientific and creative interests in the course of your work (within the scope of visualization and visual computing).
- A young and international team of researchers with an excellent working atmosphere
- A work environment that is well equipped with the newest hardware and software technology
- The possibility to present your research results at international top conferences
- Continuing personal and professional education
The applicant will be funded according to the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff, allowing you to support a comfortable life in Vienna.
PostDoc: Entry level salary as a postdoctoral researcher is currently 3711,10 EUR/month gross (40h/week contract), 14 times/year.
Duration: appr. 4 years (filling a leave of absence position)
How to Apply
The official application should include:
- Motivation letter
- Certificates of degrees and grades in courses taken so far
- List of publications
- A copy of the thesis of the highest obtained degree in PDF form
The application should be sent to until January 31st 2018, preferably in digital form (pdf) via E-Mail. For more information, please contact Eduard Gröller.
TU Wien is committed to increasing female employment in leading scientific positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given when equally qualified. Furthermore, please note that applicants will not normally be reimbursed for travel costs incurred in connection with this call.