that develops advanced visual computing solutions for the efficient integration, mining, and exploration of neuroscience data.
- Extend existing and implement highly innovative web-based visual analytics solutions (back- and front-end) based on Brain*, our web-based data science platform for managing, mining, and interactively exploring neurobiological data.
- Taking responsibility for the technical development and deployment of the system.
- Leading a team of software developers.
Collaborate closely with the visual analytics researchers at VRVis and the technical staff of our collaborators.
- Experience in programming application interfaces (e.g., GO, C++), databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, OrientDB), and DevOps tools would be a plus.
- Knowledge of software architecture.
- Team player and analytical personality with creativity and independence in problem-solving.
- Ability to manage software projects and to lead a team of software developers.
- Interest in working on software far beyond standard application and in a scientific environment.
- Work in an exciting innovation-oriented environment on non-standard software while gaining excellent professional support in an international team.
- Opportunity to get involved in all stages of software development.
- Full- or part-time, permanent position starting ASAP.
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours, home office option, well-equipped workplace.
- Location: Vienna, Austria, with easy access to the office by means of public transport.
- Salary according to collective labor agreement (IT-Kollektivvertrag) with overpay depending on qualification and previous professional experience.
Under Austrian law, we are obliged to state the minimum salary for the position, which is min. EUR48.370 gross yearly for full-time employment (38,5 h/w). As such, it is only the baseline for negotiations.
Applications are welcome!
Please forward your application documents including references and work samples to Franziska Steyer-Beerman (HR):