- Extend Brain*, our web-based data science platform for neurosciences, and develop novel neuroscientific web-based visual analytics solutions, in close collaboration with our company partner.
- Address the challenges related to novel, heterogeneous, and big data resources, especially in the field of Next Generation Sequencing.
- Active and self-organized communication with the domain experts, including the organization of training and user evaluation sessions.
- Publish and present your research results at international conferences and in scientific journals.
- MSc in computer sciences, visual computing, (health/medical) informatics, bioinformatics, or a similar area.
- Experience in applied visual analytics and visualization research. A feeling for good interface design would be a plus.
- Interest in computational neuroscience and research. Willingness to learn and to dive deeply into this topic.
- Good programming skills, including some experience in web interface and web-based visualization development.
- English communication and (scientific) writing skills.
- Excellent professional support in an international team
- Permanent position starting asap
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours, home office option, well-equipped workplace
- Option of conference travel to present your work
- Location: Vienna, Austria, with easy access to the office by means of public transport
- Salary according to collective labor agreement (IT-Kollektivvertrag) with overpay depending on qualification and previous professional experience
Under Austrian law, we are obliged to state the minimum salary for the position, which is 39.956 EUR yearly gross for full-time employment (38,5 h/w). As such, it is only the baseline for negotiations.
Applications are always welcome!
Selection will take place on a rolling basis.
Please forward your application documents, including CV, reference letters or contact info of two references, and cover letter describing your research experiences, interests, and goals.
We particularly invite female candidates to apply.
Franziska Steyer-Beerman (HR)
Wednesday, 22. February 2023, 17:13