The Biomedical Image Informatics Group at the VRVis research center (VRVis Forschungs-GmbH) in Vienna, Austria, is looking for your support!
We tackle biomedical image informatics challenges in a friendly and inspiring atmosphere by (pre-)processing, analyzing and visualizing large amounts of image data from medicine and biotechnology.
Currently, we are looking for support from a student (f/m) who wants to give her/his diploma or master thesis an application driven focus with the following topic:
Machine learning for deriving attenuation maps
We utilize machine learning and deep learning technologies in many of our project. This thesis will focus on machine learning for deriving attenuation maps used for attenuation correction of PET data or for estimating doses in radiotherapy. The aim is to give an update report on the state-of-the-art in research in this field and to develop a prototype using latest machine learning and deep learning technologies.
Please find the full description in German and English in the attached pdf.
see above and/or in attachment
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, informatics, data science, mathematics, or similar area
- First knowledge in machine learning plus willingness to acquire new skills regarding machine learning and deep learning technologies
- Programming knowledge in Python would be a plus
- Enthusiasm to acquire new skills, ability to work independently
- More knowledge always welcome ;-)
We especially want to encourage female students to apply, for we wish to actively counter the lack of women researchers in the IT-industry.
Additional Images and Files
|Master Thesis Biomed.Vis. - ML for Attenuation Maps||691.41 KB|