360 Video-Panoramas: Capture, Process and Visualize!
360 degree video-panoramas are an emerging technology for the presentation of 3D scenes. We investigate novel capturing, processing and visualization methods. With our high-end special camera equipment  we have acquired hours of 360 degree video footage. The aim of this project is to develop a consumer level capturing method that reaches quality similar to the high-end solution.
 Point Grey, Ladybug 5: http://www.ptgrey.com/ladybug5-360-degree-usb3-spherical-camera-systems
- Capture 360 degree videos with high-end equipment.
- Implement 360 degree video processing algorithms for the novel consumer level setup.
- Render 360 degree video on consumer devices.
- Strong image processing background
- Strong programming skills
- Experience with Matlab
This is a joint project with the Visual Computing Center (VCC) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia. The student will be travelling to KAUST for an exchange program of approximately 3 to 6 month. Travel and accommodation is paid by KAUST. Living expenses are paid by the student. The student will work at VCC directly supervised by Peter Rautek: