A bachelor thesis concludes the bachelor studies. It consists of a practical part and a written thesis. The procedure is as follows:
- Find a topic and an advisor: open thesis topics and information how to find an advisor if no topic is suitable can be found here. You also have the possibility to do an industry-relevant thesis at the VRVis Research Center. To get an idea what to expect, look at former completed theses here.
- Submit a workplan for the bachelor thesis, including an approximate time plan. You agree with your supervisor on a final submission deadline. The supervisor then needs to register the thesis in TISS.
- Have regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss the progress and open issues.
- Implementation: in most theses, a piece of software implementing a new algorithm will be created. Use the research unit's GitLab or the TU Wien GitLab and share the repository at least with your supervisor.
- Generate results (benchmarks, screenshots, videos, ...)
- Write a small thesis.
- The length of the thesis should be between 15 and 25 pages.
- The structure should be like a thesis (i.e., containing introduction, state-of-the-art, description of method, results, conclusions, and references).
- Use the LaTeX template by the faculty.
- There are hints on writing the thesis text.
- Be sure to follow the Code of Ethics.
- Present your thesis results in a regular meeting of our research unit (e.g., the "VisWB").
- Graduate your bachelor studies: see faculty information.